Jeep

Casting PU - featherlite - delicate parts

Hi all,

I have been using featherlite as a casting resin for a couple of baits now, but my latest set of featherlite had some aging problems and since there was no more available at the shop I bought some other resin (PU) that does not have the microballons premixed. So I did pour a testbait yesterday without the mb to see how it would work. And.. it works fine, the stuff is like water first couple of minutes so it is easy casting compared to the featherlite.

But I soon found out that as I dropped a piece on the floor it immediately chipped off a piece. This stuff is so hard it easily chips...especially delicate parts like fins. So I wonder if adding the mb would also strengthen the baits or make it less vulnerable to chipping on impact? I am working on a new bait that has casted fins wich are obviously the weakest parts of the model.

:?

Thnx!

Jeep

yes adding Micro Balloons will help... it the same principle as aggregate in concrete or grain in wood. but to much can also be detrimental and take it from hard and brittle.. to soft and crush able. add 1 to 1 ratio and you should have the same mix as featherlite.. any featherlite expert can correct me as I only use aluminite and add MB. I like the control you have when you mix you own brew

K.C.

Edited by K.C.K.