Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest Anonymous

HEY FRIENDS! New Online Project!

6 posts in this topic

:D

I have started postin this months online project. BIG California BASS LURES.

Follow If You Like!

Take Care!

Chip :D

calitrout.jpg

calitrout.jpg

calitrout.jpg

calitrout.jpg

calitrout.jpg

calitrout.jpg

calitrout.jpg

calitrout.jpg

344_thumb.attach

Hey Chip, You make it look TOO, TOO EASY!! :D

Now I have a few questions. What is the Type of wood you are using? It kind of looks like a Pine Board. And what is the thickness of the board you are using? I also see that you are not laminating this one either. Give me an idea on how this will run in the water, with a nice wobble or what? Thanks for the info. Cody

I am using poplar. Stands up to bigger fish better over time. ie. pike, musky, baracuda, king macks... anythin with a tooth.

I also like the way poplar moves in the water over pine. Dense poplar is not as boyant as the pine so a nice wobble (with the lip I am installing) and a slow rise (properly weighted)

Thanks!!!

Chip :D

Aw Yes.... 5/8th inch board on this lure

Hey Chip, Sounds pretty cool! I dig how your making them out like that. THAT MAKES IT SOOOOO MUCH EASIER than what Im doing! At least it seems so to me. But then again.... you make it seem easy I guess! But I almost jumped back to the TU posted question after I asked, since I visited your new revamped webpage and got the answers... except for the 5/8ths board part. I think I might give the Carolina Chippers way a try some time! Thanks for the info! Cody

YAh..I plane my wood down to what ever thickness I want to start at. Certainly thinner starting substrate for smaller lures.

CHip :D