RiverMan

test tanks

31 posts in this topic

There was a similar thread in here quite a while ago , finally someone(sorry , don't remember the name , it was supposively one of the younger guys)got to dig out a ditch in the backyard for lure testing .

greetz:) , diemai

that was me!

i started it, but then it got cold on me! curse you winter.

to be continued in the spring.

I've got a 26,000 gallon test tank that works pretty good. Only thing is my wife gets kinda mad when I'm testing crankbaits and she's trying to swim. She gets pretty mad when I snag her bikini top:eek:

Jed,

You can buy a 10' aluminum feed trough from most feed supply stores for about $150.00. They are around 3' wide and two feet deep. They are self contained, no need for a frame or anything, just fill it up and you are set. A friend of mine even has fish in his to see how they react to lures,he's also crazy, but it's still not a bad idea;)

Joe

Trueglide

Fatfingers,

Yep, that's what I use. Works great in the winter months. The only problem is the weight. My shop is on the third floor of a warehouse. I do get a little nervous that one day I'll come in and there will be a hole in the floor :whistle:

Joe

Trugelide

Rightly so Joe, that thing weighs more than 1.5 tons, full of water. But ware houses should be designed to take heavy loads. That is what they are for.

Dave