Thad

I need help QUICK!!!

12 posts in this topic

I'm out of D2T and nobody near me sells it since Wal-Mart quit. What can I go buy, say at Lowes, to coat some lures that I need to coat today? I brush it on and I don't have a lure turner. I ordered DN but it won't be in for a week.

I do have this stuff called Max Seal. Says it's a water-based, Polyurathane Hybrid Clear Coat. Never used it and never intended to for lures. Would it work at all?

I know walmart is still carrying some off brand 5 min epoxy but it might be tricky. Lowes might/should have something in the paint section. I dont have enough experience with too many clear coats to be much help...Hazmail? you out there? He would know...

Lowes also carries Envirotex or something just like it. :wink:

They sell Envirotex? Where would it be in Lowes? I've never seen it. What would be just like it? Sorry, I just don't know much about top coats other then D2T and DN.

It's either E-Tex, or something just like it. look in the paint section where all the lacquers and stains are. They have a 32oz. kit for $20 there. It says "60x thicker than varnish." or something.

I know walmart is still carrying some off brand 5 min epoxy but it might be tricky. Lowes might/should have something in the paint section. I dont have enough experience with too many clear coats to be much help...Hazmail? you out there? He would know...
Stay away from the 5 minute epoxy. There is not enough work time and it will turn yellow on you over time

do you have a hardware store around you? try them they should have it. like a franks hardware or ace hardware. i've found it there before. good luck

muskymachine