finlander

Rapala's still wood???

9 posts in this topic

@ finlander

Depends on each particular model , some are of plastic , also read in a new German tackle catalog , that one model was made of abachewood .

Maybe , this could help :

DHC - Deutscher Hechtangler-Club e.V.

Click on pics to enlarge !

greetz :yay:, diemai

Edited by diemai
insert link

@diemai

Thankyou very much for sharing that chart with everyone on the forum. I also like to see how lures are made and that is the coolest thing ever. once again thankyou very much for sharing:).

Thanks guys , but these X-rays are not of German origin , the DHC also got them from a Finnish (what else:lol:?) site .

So , bear in mind , if you wanna know about an unknown lure's weighting and construction , take it to the doctors(but don't let them submit you to a home for the mentally sick):lol::lol::lol::lol: !

greetz:yay: , diemai

http://www.tackleunderground.com/forum/hard-baits/7848-x-ray-baits-needed.html

Above is a TU link from 2007. The Xray thing has been discussed before a few times. But it is good to bring it to the surface again, all good information.

x-ray, x-rays, xray, xrays (for search function in future. I found the above link searching "rays").

Dave

Cool link diemai, did anyone notice the adjustable spring-loaded diving lip on the Abu Hi-Lo; that is a wicked concept! Has anyone toyed around with that idea yet, if so how do you keep it watertight & how is the lip attached. I would think that it would have to pivot on a pin somehow.

@ Pikester

I have a few "Hi-Lo's" in my tackle boxes , they've got some promotion over here during the past 2 or 3 years , but apart from some new models(made in Taiwan nowadays) , I also have some older ones as well still made in Sweden , that a workmate found on the attic of an old house , that he had moved in .

ABU obviously took over the design from an early "Heddon" crankbait , only added its patented adjustable lip .

This lip can be set in 6 different position(if my memory serve