Mattlures

Woo Hoo tackle tour reveiwed my bait!

22 posts in this topic

Congratulations :yeah:

I visits tackltour religiously and veiw thier results with a great deal of respect.

You Baits looked amazing and was well deserving of an editors choice.

Start ordering more supplies your orders are about to go through the roof :yes:

I bought a floater for my brother as a Christmas present. When it arrived it stared at me in the package & I had to test drive it. As a lure maker by trade, it is worth every penny. It kicks a very nice "V" wake and is effortless to fish, exceptionally realistic.

as much as i love building and painting my bluegill baits and even though I don't have the money I think I'm going to have to buy one. I love that picture that that rotates in the beginnning of the review. If you haven't seen the review check it out.Tackletour.com

I dont have the latest one but I just bought the soft ultimate bluegill. When I opened it I couldnt believe how real it looked. Absolutley incredible! My 4 year old is fascinated with it. He thought it was a real fish and asked me if we could put it in the fishtank. Incredible detail. I cant wait to fish it. Great job!

I love the hardgill Matt, you came up with a really cool bait and I intend to fish them some myself come summer time!

Jed V.

Matt,

It is easy to tell from the tenor of the review that you blew those guys away! A better reproduction, other than the real thing, is hard to imagine. Some of the best work I've ever seen!

I honestly think that Matt's are the most realistic swimbaits out there right now and I'm inspired to step things up another notch on my own. Way to go dude, you deserve all the recognition!:yay:

Thanks guys. Snax your baits look great. I will give you a little advise though. It is much easier to get a detailed master by carving it then by trying to use a taxidermy blank. Even if you find the perfect size and its straight a lot of the detail bearly shows up on the actual finished bait. This is why I carve them. I can make my own taxidermy replicas and I still preferr to carve them.

Thanks for the kind word fellas

I have since decided not to use the taxidermy replicas and have been hard at work hand carving my next few swimbaits. I think it adds to the value of the lure for the customer that at least the original was hand made even if they are buying a plastic version of it.

Your level of detail is just stunning Matt. Truly inspirational!:worship: