raymayor

Anyone making their own gel attractant?

I would like to make my own gel attractant that I can customize to any of the species I fish(bass, walleye, crappie). Any ideas about what to use for the gel base? Any hints would be greatly appreciated.

and Jesus said "Follow me and I will make you fishers of men"

I know this isn't probably what your looking for, but I usually just get a tub of Vaseline. Melt it down. Add whatever I want as attractant to it, garlic, anise oil, salt etc..., pour it liquefied back into the tub of Vaseline to harden back to the save form. Then your left with an attractive you can put on your baits that is water resistant and doesn't wear off.

Fleury is correct. Take a tub of Vaseline and put it in water in a pan and heat on low heat until Vaseline is a liquid. Watch you don't burn the bottom out of the tub. Then put you scent of choice into the liquid and stir with a sticvk (popscicle) and let it cool. Apply to bait like smelly jelly. I find I get violent hits with it. I have one for garlic, anise, and crawfish. Be careful on sunny, hot days as it will melt again in your boat. Keep it cool. I usae a Q-tip top add the scent so as not to get the reel dirty using my finger. Hope this helps.