gone2long

2 color pour valve

I'm fooling around with this idea and would like any comments good or bad. I can't even pour yet I'm waiting for money to start pouring quanity and I don't have a 2-peice mold yet but figured I'd see if I could come up with something useful while I wait.

To the Mods not sure if this is against site rules so take no offense this is the first time I'm trying a PDF file to prevent bandwith issues.:halo:

Thanks.

https://share.acrobat.com/adc/document.do?docid=8719ae8a-475f-4bbc-8b6c-3d61eded885c' rel="external nofollow">

Edited by Spike-A-Pike
Localized link

I wasn't sure if my PDF would work so I left out that the divider goes all the way through the :censored: nipple :censored: and prevents mixing on the way down.

I didnt see that part of it, that will work.

have you tried to glue a piece inside the valve? That may help also, kinda split the valve in 2 so to speak.

good idea you have.

I was encouraged to "lurk" as the site condones and read a thread where someone just starting out like myself was recomended to start off slow and easy and work your way into it, what a motivator;). I was watching "how its made" episode on induction heating of parts which set the wheels turning and a curling iron sounded about right to keep the flow for at least a good sized 4 cavity mold. I'm almost completed and can't pour until I get some molds and gear, but hopefully I'll already have woked out the kinks with my starter kit. Picks will follow good or bad!

Chris

how its made is one of the best shows I have seen, its quick and to the point on manufacturing.

if you look into how the machines make things and work for various applications its really a good teaching show.

the other one is mydth busters. only because they show how the staff is creating a certain project to get something done.

believe it or not dirty jobs also has some good tibits of info from time to time.