fongster

Airbrush basics?

While cleaning out the garage, I came across my Paasche vl airbrush circa 1984. I used it in art school and it hasn't been used since. I hope I cleaned it out well before storing it, lol. I only used it at school since I didn't have a tank or compressor at home. I now have a 6 gal. Bostich that I use for brad nailing. I assume that'll work for an airbrush? What PSI should I use? What medium do you guys like to spray--waterbase and then clear coat, solvent-based, etc.? I can't wait to start paying with it. Thanks for your help.

I have a new Paasche H model that shows 20-30 psi as the normal operating pressure. It also has a note to not exceed 75 psi.

Paasche's websit is Paasche Airbrush Company - Airbrushes - Compressors - Airbrush Tanning - Airbrush Tattoos - Spray Booths - Spray Guns - Airbrush Tanning Spray Guns - Spray Booths - Spray Gun Kits - Airbrush Tanning and email is info@paascheairbrush.com. You might drop them a note to see if they can send you a manual if you don't have one.

Happy spraying.

Gary

Fongster,

I don't want to get to personal over the web, but is this SWBA Fongster? Based on your viewable information I am guessing so. If so this is DaveB. from the same group. This is where I have been getting all the help in developing the crankbaits I have been making. If it is you we should hook up and do some painting. I just bought a new badger airbrush and have a lot to learn.

DaveB.

KelpKritter

Fongster,

I don't want to get to personal over the web, but is this SWBA Fongster? Based on your viewable information I am guessing so. If so this is DaveB. from the same group. This is where I have been getting all the help in developing the crankbaits I have been making. If it is you we should hook up and do some painting. I just bought a new badger airbrush and have a lot to learn.

DaveB.

KelpKritter

Hi Dave, that's me. Talk to you soon.