Jump to content
You know you are addicted when:
68 replies to this topic
Posted 14 February 2009 - 02:19 PM
I thought it would be fun to put together a list of those things us addicted lure builders can relate to. I will start with a couple that apply to me, feel free to add your own:
You know you are addicted when:
1. Half your t-shirts have paint or epoxy stains on them
2. You find saw dust and wood chips in your bed
3. You have tested a lure in the bathtub or at the local pond at night with a flashlight
Posted 14 February 2009 - 02:48 PM
LOL so true.
1. When your at the dinner table and your wife/girlfriend is talking about there day and all your thinking about is ideas for you next or present lure. Not even paying attention. oops.
2. When you pass up a good time going out on the weekend to build baits.
3. When you sit like a dog at the front window waiting for your package of new lure components to arrive in the mail. (I do this allot) Its like opening a xmas present!
Posted 14 February 2009 - 02:59 PM
When you reach in your pocket for change at the local Piggly Wiggly and pull out a hand full of spinnerbait blades and beads.
Posted 14 February 2009 - 03:19 PM
Nice idea for a new thread you've had , would be fun indeed....., her'e some adds :
- When at your work you always keep pencil and paper handy to sketch down new lure ideas or designs any free minute !
- When laying in your bed at night the last thought before sleep comes is which work must be done tomorrow on your actual lure(s) .
- When constantly checking out any common items of wood , plastic or metal , that you come across , if they'd be suitable for making lures out of them .
But it's not dangerous.......!
greetz , diemai
Posted 14 February 2009 - 04:11 PM
When your on a date and walk by a dumpster while walking in to the steak house and you see something that you can use for a scale stencil and then you go after it. Dont laugh this happenned to me years ago.There is nothing like dumpster diving on your first date.
Posted 14 February 2009 - 04:14 PM
Buying a hairdryer when you are bald as a coot.
Friends start yawning when I talk about vortex geometry.
Spend way too much time in bridal shops.
Take my gram scales to the wood shop and start calculating.
Maid complains about wood dust throughout the house (sorry, I live in Indonesia, maid is normal).
Every horizontal surface in my house is occupied by lure building materials.
Girlfriend falls asleep while I talk to you guys.
I will post more, if you like.
Posted 14 February 2009 - 04:34 PM
when your up at 2am sanding baits because you cant sleep till its done. im also guilty of running power tools this late and waking the whole neighborhood up.
Posted 14 February 2009 - 04:39 PM
When your bedroom looks more like a workshop, then your actual workshop does. Wife noes not like this one much! Just in case you think of something that needs to be done before you go to sleep,LOL.
Posted 14 February 2009 - 04:46 PM
Fill the bathtub with water for 'the big test', FAIL, so it's still full five days later, developing it's own ecosystem, with small spiders breast stroking across it.
You beg everyone for their Mylar gift bags, and clear plastic blister packs (for making stencils) at the family Christmas get together!!!!!!!!.pete
Edited by hazmail, 14 February 2009 - 05:03 PM.
Posted 14 February 2009 - 05:06 PM
When you hook your wife's favorite koi while testing a bait in the koi pond
Snatch a pair of her old fishnet stocking ,it looks like a cool scale patten to you.You have to buy new ones for her so you don't have to sleep on the couch.
Under your Finger nails resembles a color chart.
Edited by seafoam, 14 February 2009 - 05:07 PM.
Posted 14 February 2009 - 05:15 PM
You examine the bottom of drinks cans before buying.
You have to move spatulas and paint brushes so you can butter your toast.
Posted 14 February 2009 - 06:09 PM
When you blame the dog for the missing lace plate mat because you thought it would make a good stencile. Im also guilty and blamed my best buddy, Im sorry No im not and i will do it again if the patterns right.
Posted 14 February 2009 - 06:45 PM
when your shooting snot rockets that have more grain and texture than plywood.
when you have more needles and syringes laying around than a heroin addict.
when your countertop is refinished with an involuntary clear coat
when your calluses are made from hardened epoxy.
when you save your beer pong solo cups to make into a sealer solution.
when your girlfriend puts a flower patterned drape to block off your workspace to cover-up the maddness that lurks behind (and tells her friends its the laundry room!).
Posted 14 February 2009 - 07:15 PM
When you go to Wally world and your wife is embaressed because you look at all the shades of nail polish and the different types of fishnet stockings.
Posted 14 February 2009 - 07:17 PM
lol i love this:lol:
- when your at school and you start to draw lures instead of taking notes
- when you go hobby lobby just to "look around". never did that before lure building:nono:. now i do at least once a week after shool:).
- when you carry pictures of your beloved lures in your wallet
Posted 14 February 2009 - 07:35 PM
I have the topper. When I am blatantly atempting to flirt with a Certain TU member and all he wants to talk about is scale patterns and new methods of making eyes! Never had that happen to me in a club !
Posted 14 February 2009 - 07:57 PM
Maybe show him a new pair of fishnet stockings
Posted 14 February 2009 - 08:10 PM
Better yet, show him the pattern those stockings made on a lure.