RiverMan

You know you are addicted when:

1.When it takes you five trips to carry lure making gear in when you get to work (I do all mine at work:whistle:).

2.When a short white man(with straight hair) buys a comb made for Fros....

3.When you lock your doors on your old work car,not to keep someone from stealing "it" but to keep them from stealing the baits you just painted at work (which are probably worth more than the car).

4.You put off getting new brakes on your car in fear it will get into your lure/paint money.

5.You buy just enough gas to get you to work because you need to stop by WalMart and buy D2T

6.If you fear your job may be in jeopardy if the boss sees all those spray cans at work,but you take them any way.

7.When the bathroom sink at work looks like this...

Repaints024-1.jpg

-when you are excited to get your licens so you dont have to ride your bike to the lake to test out your lures.

-when you explore victorias secret for different type of scaling stencils

- when you first wake up in the morning and check on your lures to see if your clear coat came out evenly

when you wake up @ 2:30 in the morning after having a nightmare that your hook hangers that you hand bent, keep sticking out of the side of your lure while your trying to epoxy your two halves together. Then you go on-line to order some more hinge materials, because you can't fall back asleep.

Riverman, great topic. keep um coming....

I think this might be on the same line as what RiverMan posted but here it is, while your wife is in the hospital you eye the tubbing that the doctor is using to give her oxygen and ask the doctor if you can have it when the wife is released.LOL, I did get a funny look from the doctor on that one, then had to explain to him what it was for. Wife was embarrassed, doc even laughed at this request, but did let me have it.

I have let my wife read all of the posts on this thread so she can see that I'm not crazy, doing things like all of you have posted.

I don't think it helped she still thinks I'm crazy.:lol:

When your mistress, never the wife, realizes she is not your only love.

When you are not sure if it is safe to fart with all these opened chemical spread out on the bench.

When you give a friend a hand made bait even though he doesn't fish because it easier than going shopping.

When you are on a first name basis with old bitties at the fabric store.

Your wife asks you why there was a $100 charge to Wal-Mart for something called "Devcon".

You can honestly write off the taxes on half your house because it is now a lure factory. This includes the kitchen, a bedroom, half the family room, and all of the garage.

You give a friend a ride in your vehicle and it takes you two minutes to clean the lures, hooks, molds, and various other lure building tackle off the passenger seat before they can safely get in.

You write off 10,000 miles per year for "trips to the pond to research lures"............and this is a conservative estimate!

Edited by RiverMan

Your Cat, dog, and Daughter all were accidently hooked in the same night. The cat must have got into some lures laying out and dragged them onto the floor and then all over the house. Then the dog managed to find a couple. Then while walking to the bathroom in the middle of the night the daughter managed to find one with her foot. Not only did she hook herself but she managed to sink both trebles past the barbs into her foot. I spent over an hour pulling lures out of people and animals at 3:00 am. The wife was not amused one bit. Now she thinks there need to be rules in the lure room like no lures left out on the work bench.:nuhuh: I say no cats allowed in the lure room would be much better. I cant wait till my shop is done.:whistle:

when you have 2 lathes.

when you buy gallons instead of pints.

when you can heat your house with end cuts.

when everything you wearhas paint on it.

you fish with 500 baits.

when theres nearly 1000 baits in your house.

when theres 3000 9in the shop.

believe me guys its the truth and theres no end.

BUT ITS FUN

The dog gets a hair cut because you ran out of marabou for popper tails and are dying to finish that cool new popper you just made.

Your wife is bored sick, tired of, and just can't understand the big deal of you talking about Walmart no longer having Devcon.

You drive all over the area trying to find water that isn't frozen to test baits.

mossy maker