BassMadness

Quick Scale Stencil Question

12 posts in this topic

Hey guys, Im having a little trouble getting my scale pattern to hold tight to the bait to get a good quality scale pattern. What do you all use to hold your scale stencils in place? I have been using my hand to hold the pattern on but it limits me to one color cause I cant hold the pattern and change colors at the same time. Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

clothes pins or those spring clamps work great. Anotehr option is to get a cheap embroidery hoop and stretch your netting/lace whatever over that.

If your doing a whole bait or full side etc it's easiest to wrap your netting around the bait and secure with clothes pins/clamps. If you just want to add teh scale to small areas for highlighting its best to use the embroidery hoop. At least thats what I've found.

another thing that you can do to insure a good scale in to make sure that you get your scaling stencil to be very flexible so it can bend around the whole bait. this can be done from just throwing your scale stencil into the washing machine.

I use pin curl clips. 80 of them for 2-3 bucks at the beauty supply. I bend/break off the legs short. Makes for a small, lightweight but strong hold. Works awesome.

VO-223522-2T.jpg

Knock off the Wifes/GF's, she won't mind the paint, get double value, and they don't wear them out anyway, so should not be a problem!! You have to be thrifty in these hard times. Pete

I am so excited ! This is my first post where I may actually be providing information not begging for help. So here go's a sourse for quick easy scale pattern is a fly swatter, not the ones made of screen but the plastic ones. Looks like it might work to me!:yes: