Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mattlures

My very first hardbait!

19 posts in this topic

B) very, very impressive bait!!!!!!!! and to think this rookie thought he was doing ok!, until i seen yours, boy i"Ve got some work ahead of me L.O.L B) Rob

I think you need to go back and check on your bait and see if it's still there. It tried to jump off the page while I there!

Great Job!!

Gene

I layed a # 12 adams dry fly in front of it...I swear I saw it move for it!!LOL!!...Great job...Nathan

Thanks for all the compliments.

As for how I made it, there really is no tricks just a lot of work with a dremel. Then I made molds, and then I casted one out of resin. I painted the pieces and asembled them.

Matt

Matt, can you give us any info?

How much does it way?

How deep does it dive?

Floating...Suspending?

Rough price range when you do finally put them out?

They look great!

Matt After looking at that bait , I dont think I even want to try to paint crankbaits(mine would look like crap), That is one awsum bait and the paint job is fantastic.

Delw

I am not sure of the exact wieght but it is a little heavy. It is a sinking version.

I am fine tuning my slow sinking ones right now. They will be lighter.as far as price,Iam not sure yet.

Matt

hey mattlures,

awesome job on your bait....i am young and build my own baits and i know how hard it is and can be to design and construct such a large bait with detail...when i started making baits , i liked the way they looked and all but, when i saw your bait and you said that you carved it straight from a dremel i was amazed...because before i got my tools that i needed, i was using a dremel too...but anyways great baits ...all of them... and hope to go fishin with you somtime, i don't live that far away