kgbill

stainless hardware?

Hi guys,

I've been trying to find large stainless screw eyelets and stainless wire for a while now, and haven't had much luck. I live in a fairly good sized town, and everyone looks at me like I'm crazy when I inquire. Then they tell me to check out Michaels or Hobby Lobby. I found .062, .072 wire eyelets on Jann's, but I want bigger ones for joints. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I guess everything I've obtained for this stuff has been mail-order, so why should this be any different?

Thanks,

Billy

0.072 is huge. Are you fishing for marlin or what?

Load one up with a bucket of dirt and see what weight it fails. Then load up your rod to the same weight. Second thoughts don't. You will end up in tears.

You have to examine your entire system and determine the weakest link. A 0.072 eye is NOT the weakest link, believe me.

Dave

I have no doubt .072 is more that strong enough for the fish, but I need a bigger hole to pass a pin through so that it'll move super-free. I'm using pieces of stainless bicycle spoke for pin material, and I want an eye with some play in it. These are 4-5 oz. lures with joints, and repeated casts will take their toll. Some of the the commercially made swimbaits I have use HUGE eyelets with an opening 3 times the size of these .072 eyes, so I don't think I'm going nearly as overboard as some of you suggest. I have the .072 hardware, and I'm sure it's big enough for the hooks. Thanks for the responses. I need to get on here and ask more often. Cheaper on gas.