DandBLures

Srtike King Sexy Shad

I don't know if it's a gray as much as a soft coat of black. An irredescent blue needs the black to stand out. Either way works.

There is a bait called the American Shad. Look it up, it has a yellow stripe, scale sides and a blue hue on the back. 10 years ago I copied that pattern and called in Shad Americana. It never made it on the website rather I used it for custom baits for certain customers. Anyway, several years later Lucky Craft unveils their American Shad then Stike King debuts Sexy Shad.

I am sour grapes. Nope, just an old prune.

My paint of preference is a lacquer based paint. I like the way it layers and the fact it dries in seconds thus speeding up the entire process. Translucents, iridescents, opaques and pearl essences.

White or Pearl Body-Polystraspar Pearl Essences FP400

Yellow Stripe-Life Tone Neon Yellow LT 331

Black-Polystranspar Black FP 30

Blue-Polystranspar Shimmering Blue Iridescent FP 440

Black could be substituted with Polystraspar Diver Gray

Hope that helps.

The sexy shad that I sell is a gray/blue back that I mixed from createx Pearl Silver (GID04-1D), Deep Black (4220) Pearl Blue (GIC03-05) and a little Transparent White over pearl white scale. I use a transparent Sun Gold (createx 4332) for the strip over a glitter sheet. It gives a "sexy" look and I really have some good feedback on it. I will be posting some new baits soon so take a look at it. I'll try to get it on today. Hope this helps!

go4bas

The Sexy Shad that I paint is very close to the real thing. This is my paint list:

1)Pearl White body

2)Yellow stripe

3)Very light black scale (This will let the scale lay over the yellow also)

4)light orange belly hook highlight

5)Sexy Blue Back

6)Amber Green Opal flake

7)Black Spot

The sexy blue is a mix:

Pale Blue, Sivler pigment, Blue to Green Pigment. This gives the bait the blue back but at defferent angles it has a green tint. It looks really good I think.

Take a look at my web site and you can see the bait. I call it Pole Dancer. (URL Removed)

Michael Steele:wink:

Edited by redg8r
URL Removed - Post a pic.

The Sexy Shad that I paint is very close to the real thing. This is my paint list:

1)Pearl White body

2)Yellow stripe

3)Very light black scale (This will let the scale lay over the yellow also)

4)light orange belly hook highlight

5)Sexy Blue Back

6)Amber Green Opal flake

7)Black Spot

The sexy blue is a mix:

Pale Blue, Sivler pigment, Blue to Green Pigment. This gives the bait the blue back but at defferent angles it has a green tint. It looks really good I think.

Take a look at my web site and you can see the bait. I call it Pole Dancer. www.hasbaits.com

Michael Steele:wink:

How Close is your paint scheme to the strike king sexy shad?

I am working on this for a very picky person.