• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 MarcDavidBaits

TU Supporter

• TU Member
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 23 February 2009 - 05:12 PM

I got my order from bearair in today and will start airbrushing tomorrow. I just have these 2 questions. First off, what is the best psi for createx paints? Also, is it fine if I clearcoat over the eyes, or should I cover them? Thanks for all the help everyone on this site has given me this past couple of weeks.

#2 bobv

Advanced Member

• TU Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 372 posts
Posted 23 February 2009 - 05:34 PM

Your air pressure depends somewhat on how you thin your paint and your brush its self. I usually run between 15 - 20 with my Badger 100. Works great. As far as eyes, I had that question too. I recently started putting the clear over them and they look great. Anybody out there have any bad results doing this?

#3 parrothead127

• TU Member
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 23 February 2009 - 06:40 PM

I always clear over my eyes, I think it just helps to keep them on. I also put a decal of my logo on my baits and clear over that too.:yay:

#4 danderson

• TU Member
  • PipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 24 February 2009 - 06:30 AM

Yes clear over your eyes. I haven't seen anyone who doesn't but there may be someone. Like parrothead said it helps keep them on. I don't thin my Createx paint at all unless it gets a little thick because the bottle wasn't sealed well. I do run a high pressure which I'm not sure of because the gauge doesn't seem to be working. The airbrush does though.lol

#5 WannabeeFishing

• TU Member
  • PipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 24 February 2009 - 07:06 AM

My Paasche H model seems to be happiest at 25 - 30 psi. I use hobby acrylic paints thinned with 1/3 water.

I keep a spare bottle of a 50/50 mix of water and window cleaner to flush out the airbrush between colors along with a good cleaning after each use.