prfishin

PS900 compressor?

After reading so many good comments on the PS900, I think I might just go for it. I found the PS900 for a 49.95 after entering a coupon code. Now I was wondering what compressor would work with this Airbrush.

I read that the air brush works well with the "1/8 HP, 40 PSI Oilless Airbrush Compressor" sold at harbor freight tools.

Should I go with this compressor or does anyone have a better suggestion?

This compressor goes for 69.99, which will be more expensive that the airbrush. Is there a place I can get this for a better price? Or maybe somewhere I can get it with a coupon code?:o

I'm just trying to save as much money as possible on this, to be able to spend more on other materials.:(

I bought a similar compressor from Harbor freight about 2 years ago and returned it the same day:boo:. It even came with a free double action brush. I'm not saying I know everything because I dont but back then I knew nothing about airbrushes, however I did no that this compressor was not what I needed. It ran almost constantly and couldnt keep consistant psi to my brush. I am currently running a 2hp 5 gallon twin tank from Harbor Freight and it works great, I think it was $79.00 on sale. I have it hooked up to their $26.00 regulator/water trap. I've had this one for about 8 years for running small air tools, I have beat the crap out of it and it's still going. If it dies tomorrow I will repurchase the same model again.This is not an oilless compressor but I was told it shoulnt matter if you run a water/oiltrap. I cant say I have ever had a problem from oil getting onto my paint. The great thing is it's a real compressor, you will find more uses for it other than just your AB.

This is just my opinion, I just dont want to see someone go down the same dead end road that I have already traveled. Or give it a try, you might have better luck than I did. you can always return it.

Good luck, John:yay:

pr, I also use the PS900 w/ a .03 mm needle. I really like this air brush. It's very versital & for just starting out (like myself) you can't go wrong, I use a 2 gallon 120 PSI compressor. The regulator is set @ 45-60 PSI, depending on the paints I'm using. I found this air compressor after getting mine & for the price, I don't think you can beat it. Everything I know now was learned right here on TU. Here's the link. hope it helps.

Tim

Walmart.com: Campbell Hausfeld 2 Gallon Air Compressor: Home Improvement

The deal with compressors is how much constant psi does it generate? When starting out, I bought a Chinese model that advertised 30 psi. 1/2 second after I pulled the trigger, it dropped to 15 psi and stayed there. Lesson learned. If "40 psi" drops to 20 sustained, not so good. Tool compressors are popular because they put out lots of psi and more volume than any AB will ever need. Downside = increased noise and space required. If I were looking for an inexpensive Chinese table top compressor, I'd check out some of the dual cylinder models.

pr, I also use the PS900 w/ a .03 mm needle. I really like this air brush. It's very versital & for just starting out (like myself) you can't go wrong, I use a 2 gallon 120 PSI compressor. The regulator is set @ 45-60 PSI, depending on the paints I'm using. I found this air compressor after getting mine & for the price, I don't think you can beat it. Everything I know now was learned right here on TU. Here's the link. hope it helps.

Tim

Walmart.com: Campbell Hausfeld 2 Gallon Air Compressor: Home Improvement

I use an old sprayer compressor. It doesn't have a tank so it has to run all the time.

Althought they are a bit noisier, I'm told by several sources that the units with tanks are the best way to go.

My local Walmart has a Campbell Hausfeld 1 gallon pancake compressor for around $57. I'm considering going with one of them.

Gary