jamie

Whats on your work bench right now

Presently I am set on short time work every second week due to the economical crisis , so plenty of time for luremaking .

I am presently working on a bunch of stainless steel spoons , that I am making for personal use and for a lure swap .

Also have already shaped some creepers and crawlers(also for a lure swap)and some lathe-turned crankbaits and gliders , that I need to proceed with .

greetz :yay:, diemai

I have 14 baits right now waiting for paint. Mostly crank baits and a handful of gliders that are still in test mode. I usually wait for the wife and kids to go to bed then head to the shop or fill the tub up for some float/swim tests. Still waiting for the final hook-up on a heater I installed in December, so unless the temps naturally rise to the point that I can paint, I just keep building baits. Cheers.

I have about 10 of my new splash top waters in progress along with 6 more propbaits, 2 new balsa baits I am working on, a bunch that are half painted and some other balsa I just cut out.

I am thinking of/am trying balsa only for a while but I am just not fond of it as you really need to use through wire methods, it dents too easily if you drop it and about the only redeeming quality is how boyant and twitchy it is. And for all the topwater and prop stuff I seem to be getting into I have to check it out to see if I can find that repeatable factor that I have with basswood at the same amount or less of effort to make them.

Man isn't prototyping a pain in a small work area and without all the fancy tools!

Aside from trying to ice fish as much as possible, I've been roughing out some blanks on the lathe to make some BullDawg knockoffs, kinda like those "TwisterJerks" in another post. But I came up with them FIRST (sorry, couldn't resist :wink:)

Also trying to make a whole ton of big musky bucktail spinners. Some of my friends convinced me to make an online catalogue and sell them online, so I've also got the whole legal gauntlet to run through.

And preparing for a musky tourney in early June, so... build build build!

Well, lessee, a couple of Tapp repaints, some tiny foiled shallow divers, several new foil shad shaped cranks, a gold foil plastic crank I'm planning to take to Canada this spring, all being painted. Oh yeah, and a new Foredom flex shaft tool for shaping crankbait bodies. Plus misc lures I plan to use tomorrow since the weather forecast is 65 degrees!

Way too much is the answer.

Starting top left, receipts “in box”, Psion ser5 calculator, CAD discs, outstanding tax paper work under torch (electricity often fails here), also on paper work, test specimens for PoP air dryer (thread needs writing), another Psion calculator, head set for Yahoo, under head set is a resin release agent test piece (looks like a round disc) and an external hard drive.

Front right, laptop, digital thermometer, failed swimbait project (to be re-visited), another calculator, various electronic bits (for duplicator project), couple of trash DVD films (looking at the material for something, don’t know what yet), vernier, bearings, motors, bicycle parts (for dup m/c) and two digital scales.

I know, not as tidy as some of you expected, but highly organized. This work station is located in my bedroom, (no resident ladies to accommodate).

prototype bench picture by folicallychalled - Photobucket (link to full size pic)

Dave

Edited by Vodkaman

6 sawed out jerk baits, 14 sawed out crankbaits, 24 unfinished spinnerbaits, tools, paint/bait making supplies, lots of dirt and dust and so much valuable junk that I have a hard time finding any thing that I am looking for.

Helpppppppppppp

Edited by JBlaze

I have among all the other clutter...half eaten bag of popcorn, 2-3 half full bottles of water, 3 sebile magic swimmers primed, a handful of LC's primed (half with first couple colors) several cranks ready to topcoat, a bunch of rough cut pvc blanks, couple of prototypes (frankensteins) that I revisit daily...oh and a big plano box of banged up lures my buddy brought me to "fix". :teef:

11 crankbaits, 5 propbaits, 2 bass poppers and a rattlebait. All primed and ready for color. 9 spinnerbait heads and 60 freshly cast poison tail jigheads which need to be prepped for powder coating.

Oh yeah, and an old quarter full bottle of Sam Adams Boston Lager with some grey fuzzy stuff growing on the surface.