carver

Lures For Display

Do a search for lure stands on eBay and it should turn up some of those lucite stands. I've seen some made of bent wire that are pretty neat to. With the wire ones you don't notice the stand so much. Don't have a pic but one could experiment with some wire and come up with something that would work.

Whittler, that lure in a bottle idea is the coolest display I've seen lately! Cool idea for sure!

I have made my own design to use at my dealer's store. He likes it and it gives him some flexibility. I also intend to make one for myself for displaying my personal favorites. If anyone would like to see a drawing of mine, I would be more than happy to share it. It is easy to build and looks very attractive when done. I may even be willing to make one and ship it locally for a cost of course. Got to pay for the materials and 'some' of my time you know. Not sure what I would have to have for one but I am sure I can do it at a fair price. I wish I had a picture of this but I don't have it here now. The drawing should give you a good idea of how it would look.

Moderator Note: I hope that I don't get spanked for this post...I am not trying to make money on this site. Just trying to help the others where I can. Please feel free to delete this or any portion of this post if you need to.

If you want the plan or any questions, just send me a private message.

go4bas

I have made my own design to use at my dealer's store. He likes it and it gives him some flexibility. I also intend to make one for myself for displaying my personal favorites. If anyone would like to see a drawing of mine, I would be more than happy to share it. It is easy to build and looks very attractive when done. I may even be willing to make one and ship it locally for a cost of course. Got to pay for the materials and 'some' of my time you know. Not sure what I would have to have for one but I am sure I can do it at a fair price. I wish I had a picture of this but I don't have it here now. The drawing should give you a good idea of how it would look.

Moderator Note: I hope that I don't get spanked for this post...I am not trying to make money on this site. Just trying to help the others where I can. Please feel free to delete this or any portion of this post if you need to.

If you want the plan or any questions, just send me a private message.

go4bas

HERE IS THE PLAN IN PDF FORMAT:

DISPLAY CASE PLAN.pdf

DISPLAY CASE PLAN.pdf

DISPLAY CASE PLAN.pdf

DISPLAY CASE PLAN.pdf

DISPLAY CASE PLAN.pdf

DISPLAY CASE PLAN.pdf

DISPLAY CASE PLAN.pdf

DISPLAY CASE PLAN.pdf

DISPLAY CASE PLAN.pdf

Don't know where you get them but I like the little clear Lucite stands that have 2 Vee's cut in them to position the lure upright with the trebles hanging. Maybe someone that uses them can suggest a source?

You can get them on ebay. They have auctions where you can get 50 or 100

Here is what I use to display my baits in my shops. I choose to not do packaging and to use the display case as a show piece. I have a buddy that builds furniture to make them for me :). It weighs about 5lbs or so and ships easily.

Scroll down to the very bottom left hand picture. I tried to post the actual picture on here but I got a little red x???

Bull Shad Swimbait Photos

Carver

The below link (temporary) to a pic are some of the acrylic displays we use:

CLU - display

They can be purchased at the Little Sac link below...Reasonable pricing and excellent service from our experience.

http://www.littlesac.com/shopdisplayproducts.asp?id=22&cat=Lure%2BStands

Good luck.

Edited by kellure
forgot pic link