crankbait321

Lucky Craft Chartreuse Shad Color Receipe?

I'd start with some Nature's Gallery White Pearl (you can try Createx Pearl White) and add drops of Createx Caribbean Blue until you get the color value you want. The NG Pearl White has lots of pearlizing medium in it; enough that it's almost a candy pearl, but the LC lures I own in Chartreuse Shad also have lots of metallic sheen in the blue.

bassresource, Createx is widely used because it's widely available - you can pick it up at most craft stores. It's good paint and shoots well but comes in a limited standard color palette. There are other brands sold by Van Dyke (Nature's Gallery line), Smith Wildlife, and others which come in a wider color palette. You can order many of them at Taxidermy Net. Some also use auto acrylics. There are lots of options. I mix and match brands and have no problem.

From TW's Norman DD14&22's Chartreuse Shad has a similar color format as L.C.'s Chartreuse Shad which it has more of a "brownish" shoulder-back of the crankbait which I am trying to figure out what mix of createx paints would equal up to Norman's Chartreuse Shad's shoulder-back color..Clamboni had said mix of gray shoulders which I can't really say that it's a mixture of gray: it's more of a light brown color... if someone could step by step of chartreuse shad that will be beneficial.

If you look at dakotatackle's youtube video's he uses Createx sepia I believe it's in the Createx Wicked Line of paints, I looked on the Tacklewarehouse site for a pic and it sure looks close if not spot on. I believe he used it on his Tennessee shad video but he uses it often so check out some of his video's I think he did one with allot of it so you can get a better look.

I have been hooked on using acylic colored ink. Freaking amazing. You can find it Hobby Lobby. http://www.daler-rowney.com/content/fw-artists-inks .  Just be sure to competely clean out your brush soon after you are done using it. Someone else also mentioned in a previous post to submerge the tip of the airbrush in a small water bath to prevent color from hardening.   hope this helps have fun!

I watched all of the dakota lakes vids and they are really good and helpful in getting u goin in

the right direction, I use alot of the colors he has and when he mentions that sepia color bein

an awesome color, let me tell u... it is. It is an awesome color to spray when doin like a shad

or gizzard type scheme. it looks really dark in the bottle but when sprayed it really lights up

when sprayed over light colors.