5BITES

First Impressions

7 posts in this topic

I had an interview today and I had to put some finishing touches on a few jerkbaits before I left. I ran out of gloves last night so guess what. When I shook the gentleman's hand I realized I had a rainbow of colors around my nails (you know that paint that is hard to get off with out making your fingers bleed.) After the interview he asked me what is wrong with your fingers? Thirty minutes later and an order for a dozen baits he hired me. I never knew that painting baits would help me in (snag) a job.

Really cool story :yes:!

To me it is evidence , that America is crazy about fishing .

Such would never happen over here in Germany , I guess .

good luck and success in your new job , greetz :yay:, diemai

Good on you 5bites, what sort of job is it ? - he probably thought you must be pretty good with your hands, and don't sit on your a*** all day doing nothing, sometimes people think luck comes to them. Congratulations and enjoy your new fishing buddy.pete

Congrats on the job.

The boss obviously didn't think this one through. You'll be sneaking onto the internet in the secretaries office, ordering RTV on the companies inventory, he'll need extra cleaning staff to get the balsa chips out of the carpet and paint stains off the bathroom tiles.

Every time you get a big order, you will have no choice but to pull a sicky.

Dave