Lurehead03

? about PVC Board baits

are you guys sealing the pvc with anything before priming or just priming then painting I've got a 7.5 swimbait ready to finish and need the info.

This stuff is great for making swimbaits. A little harder to carve than the popular I was using but so far far I don't think I'll be going back to wood

Hey guys...what is all this about PVC? I thought I knew it all (:?...Just kidding, I will never know it all.

Seriously, what is PVC? I use wood now and would like to understand the process you all are doing with it. Please direct me to a post you think will explain this better for me.

go4bas

Hey guys...what is all this about PVC? I thought I knew it all (:?...Just kidding, I will never know it all.

Seriously, what is PVC? I use wood now and would like to understand the process you all are doing with it. Please direct me to a post you think will explain this better for me.

go4bas

the technical name is cellular vinyl pvc. it is used primarily for exterior trim ( millwork ) for doors, windows, etc. some places sell a product that is all vinyl. this stuff is very hard and difficult to work. check the cut end, you should be able to mark it with your thumbnail easily. i get mine at Lowes but other places may sell it. you can Google it and get information on it. waterproof ( no sealing required ). i do primer it with Kryton Fusion before painting. i've been using it for about 2 years with good results.

JR, is this similar to what you use? I looked @ Lowes, but they didn't carry pvc board where I live. I found this @ Home Depot.

it's hard to tell from the picture. the stuff i use does not have a simulated wood grain. i asked at Lowes about the manufacture name but all i got was a blank stare:huh:.

check the cut end of the board. you should be able to indent it with your thumbnail. it does have a hard outer skin that i trim off on my saw.

JR, I did the fingernail dent test & it does make an imprint like you mentioned. I believe it is the same type pvc you are using, maybe just a different brand. I think a lot of people, like myself, get confused w/ the foam trim board.

Nice frog, buy the way. Do you have any video on it yet?

Fatfingers, I need to research the sign board & get a sample for testing. It sounds like good stuff. Is it exspensive? What size does it come in. How heavy is it? So many questions, so little time.

Thanks for the feedback. Sorry for kind of hijacking your post, Lurehead.

Tim