Birdman

Curved Twitch Bait

Now I wonder , whether I could still achieve this swimming position with my version , since due to the two opposing hooks must not tangle , I have made the body reasonably wide , thus it would be difficult to have the lure body flip over to proper position concave side upward :?!

Well , anyway , I'll still try to achieve that by making the weights as flat as possible and put them into the front portion at the convexe side ,...... located as far to the outer body as possible .

I guess , even if the bait would sink concave side down , one would still get an erratic action out of it , it would only be different to the one shown in the video :??

diemai--the more buoyant material (wood, plastic with microballoons, etc.) there is above the weight, the easier it is to make the lure sit and/or swim with the weight positioned at the bottom, i.e., whether you want the concave or convex portion positioned downward. This applies to both the normal upright swimming lures as well as to lures which are oriented on their side such as a crippled, injured minnow like what Dean McClain alluded to earlier.

At Maxota we have a struggling shad type of lure that swims on its side with the weight placed on the bottom side between the hook eye and the mouth. In the case of a curved body, it might help (if you want the concave side down) to distribute your weight towards the head (to help flip the lure over) but also keep some of the weight back so as not to be totally head down on a pause.

Love the curved lures by the way, there's alot more designs out there not thought of yet - to those who think all has been thought of and tried in lure design.

Hope this helps, feel free to request more help.

T.G. Peterson

Maxota.com

Edited by Tonkabass

I forgot to add the fact that you have more control as to how the lure swims when taking into consideration the position of the line tie

or tow eye as some call it. If there is concern whether a lure will properly flip over to its desired orientation you could place the line tie higher up towards the top side of the lure, top of the head, (in relation to the surface of the water as the case may be).

There should be no problem with the proper lure position if the weight is down and line tie is up.

TG Peterson

Maxota.com

@ Tonkabass

Thanks a lot about your hints and advice , ....much appreciated :yes:!

I have thought about putting a little share of the entire weight into the tail as well , but in fact I'd proceed with it in a few days time , still got some more lures to carve on my list , always make them in bunches ,.........so many ideas , so little time:( .

Thanks again:wink: , greetz:yay: , diemai