walleye4

Custom Do-it molds

I have a few ?'s for you tacklemakers out there. I bought a blank mold to design my own spoon and need some advice.

1. I want to draw my design on one side of the mold and then transfer it to the other side so it is even on both sides. What can I use that will transfer my pattern? I have tried a dry erase marker and it kinda works but I can't get the whole pattern to transfer. Any suggestions?

2. What are some tools that I could use to cut the mold myself? I have a dremel type tool that does cut aluminum but I don't have a router type base to fit it like you can get with the real Dremel tool.

Thanks,

Walleye4

Check out the Tutorial Section where I posted a primer on aluminum mold making. Hopefully it will give you some answers and guidance. You can use a double sided tape, or cut out two identical sillouhettes and place them on the mold with glue stick on the outsides. I also showed the various cutting heads I used with the Dremel tool that worked well for me.

If you have any questions after reading, give another post here and I will check in with you.

Good Luck!

Rock