Shane8stud

New Airbrush Gun? Suggestions?

Time for a new airbrush gun guys ! I've looked and searched through the forum here and just can't find exactly what I'm looking for ! I need a fine brush? maybe a .20mm or .30mm tipped gun? What iwata series makes these, or any airbrush models really? I've read that iwata revolution gravity feed is a great gun, but the tip is like .5 or something, can i buy different tips? and if so, where at? I've been searching and can't come up with anything, and don't want to order something that is wrong offline. ANY HELP WOUD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED !! THANKS !!!

Shane

My Revolution has a .3 mm tip, which is standard for that model. An Iwata HP-B+ comes with a .2 mm size tip. The nozzles and tips for Iwata brushes are quite expensive so be sure you get what you need from the get-go! Check the Iwata site for specs. JMHO, at about $70, the Revolution is a decent buy. All Iwata models are high quality.

Shane,

I used a Paasche VL for years. All I paint is spinner baits, so never had a need for anything much fancier. I recently purchased the new Paasche Talon which is a gravity feed brush with a .38mm tip. I have put about 30 hours with it and painted a ton of baits. Let me say there is a world of difference between a siphon (VL) and gravity (Talon) fed brush. Think it is time to retire the VL forever. The Talon is a very good brush at a reasonable price and does an excellent job. I am no airbrush expert or guru, and I read tons of posts before purchasing the Talon, so these are just my opinions. BobP has offered members loads of airbrush info and I value his opinion and have soaked up his tid-bits like a sponge.

Now, I purchased the Talon a couple of days prior to reading the posts on the PS900.:cry: Had I seen this post first, I would have that brush instead. In fact, for the price, quality and service everyone is raving about, I don't think I can afford NOT to have one these. After seeing the artwork that Fatfingers' brother did on that motorcycle, I am impressed.

I hope that I have helped make your decision a bit easier.