TRITON196

PS900 help

Assuming the 900 is similar to an Iwata HP (small tip, gravity feed) -

Between colors:

Shoot some water in the cup (I use a spray bottle) and run it. Backwash the brush by holding a finger over the tip while shooting water. If the 900 has a scalloped tip, take off the tip and backwash. Clean the cup with a Qtip and solvent. Done in about a minute.

End of session:

If you can find a cleaning brush small enough to fit the 900, congratulations. Nobody makes one small enough to fit the needle channel on an Iwata HP (to my knowledge)

Remove the needle and shoot a couple of cups of plain water, including backwashing. Then run a cup of soapy water, then plain water again until there are no bubbles in the cup. Take off the front end parts and clean them with a Qtip dipped in solvent (don't remove the nozzle, too easy to lose or damage it). Clean the needle with solvent. If you suspect there is paint in the needle channel behind the cup, run the needle backwards through the body while the cup is filled with water. Pump the needle back-and-forth to expel any paint from the needle channel. Put a light coating of oil on the needle and a drop in the trigger. Done in less than 5 minutes.

I occasionally disassemble the airbrush and soak it overnight in airbrush cleaning solution to make sure everything stays spic and span.

Edited by BobP

Good luck on finding a brush small enough! I wouldn't use a metal brush. NOT from personal experience, it has been reported here on TU that an Iwata factory rep warned against using Windex because it contains ammonia which will corrode internal parts. I'm not choosy about the oil I use. Right now, it's Abu Garcia Silicote reel oil. When that's gone, it'll be TG Yellow Rocket Fuel or Ardent Reel Butter oil. Whatever I have handy from servicing the bearings in my fishing reels! I don't notice a big difference when I don't use any oil but figure "it can't hurt".

Haz, is that jar of alcohol gesturing to somebody? I use the same Digiweigh scale - works good

Edited by BobP

For small brushes I use interdental brushes that you can buy at Wal-mart or Walgreens or places like that near the floss and toothbrushes. They are small enough to go between your teeth so they fit nicely in the end of your gun. The ones I buy are on nice handles with wire shafts so you can bend them to go through the cup as well. They aren't long enough to go from the end all the way to the cup so I do them both ways. I generally dip them in Denatured Alcohol and brush away...I do the complete breakdown only once every couple of weeks though. I've got all kinds of guns including the PS900 and those brushes work on all of them so far.

They are only about $3 for 8 of them and you can use them a bunch of times. Its the only thing I've found that works to clean that space easily.