Tman2

Lure Dryer pics

Mine doesn't exist yet, but it'll most likely be based on a gas grill rotisserie with two round plywood panels.

I'm going to use eyehooks and rubber bands or elastic cord from each side to hold the lures. The rotisserie hooks will let me adjust the width depending on the lure size.

My local home stores want $40 to $70 for a rotisserie. I'm looking for something cheaper.

Gary

Gary,

I found my rotisserie motor and spit in a replacement kit from a hardware store.

At the time, two years ago, it was in the $20-$30 range. I don't remember now how much exactly.

Found one for $25 at Walmart. It's amazing how much more "Premium" cost than "Universal"!!

There may be a cheaper one out there, but I figured my Hemi-truck would burn more gas looking for it than I would save.

Thanks.

Gary

Great idea for a thread, to pull together all the various lure turners, drying wheels etc. But 5 posts and still no pics!

If I was going to build one, especially a larger one, the wheel would look like the image below. The reason for the cutouts, is that they reduce the weight in the heavy wheels, thus reducing inertia and less load on the motor, especially at start up.

This allows you to dry more lures without killing the motor.

But I am going the propionate route, so I no longer require a wheel.

Dave

Im in the process of building a dryer now. Instead of using round plywood Im using retanuglar grill tops! It will look like a dutch windmill, if it works. There are two sets on the rod, one will be straight up and down the other will be sideways to equal out the weight. I would post a picture of it, but don't know how.:nuhuh::?

I just might have took making a "drying Wheel" too serious ? I took a "set it ,and forget it " cooking machine with all the Bells and whistles, and mounted it to my spraying station . i took the motor side off the machine and started looking for ...well....a wheel... LOL.i ended up taking two different wheels off two different humungas remote control trucks and glueing them together making it possible to have a giant tire with a nice chrome rim. i reamed out the rim to fit the drive. it does track great and spins at a decent speed. I may have to choke down the speed inside the motor section...DING!!! Dinner is now served.:spam::lol:

Hummer Drying Wheel.jpg

Hummer Drying Wheel.jpg

Hummer Drying Wheel.jpg

Hummer Drying Wheel.jpg

Hummer Drying Wheel.jpg

Hummer Drying Wheel.jpg

Hummer Drying Wheel.jpg

Hummer Drying Wheel.jpg

4258_thumb.attach

I just might have took making a "drying Wheel" too serious ? I took a "set it ,and forget it " cooking machine with all the Bells and whistles, and mounted it to my spraying station . i took the motor side off the machine and started looking for ...well....a wheel... LOL.i ended up taking two different wheels off two different humungas remote control trucks and glueing them together making it possible to have a giant tire with a nice chrome rim. i reamed out the rim to fit the drive. it does track great and spins at a decent speed. I may have to choke down the speed inside the motor section...DING!!! Dinner is now served.:spam::lol:

It only took 8 posts to actually get a picture!! :lol:

That dryer has gotten the biggest smile from any I've seen. Well done!

I bought my grill motor in the off season 2 years ago for about 25$. Prices will be higher this time of year. The spool I take off at times and replace with a smaller disk that holds 8 Exacto handles. I use the one with clips most of the time and either clip the bill in or hold exacto handles. The outside of the spool has a couple of velcro strips that I occasionally use to hold extra handles with smaller baits. The spool was free from Lowes and is an old rope spool. Held in place with the skewer stops that come with the rotisserie unit, rubber stoppers drilled out to slide over the skewer and fit into the center of the spool. Figured it was the easiest way to hold it and center it up. To hold the baits in the spool which I don't use too often I use elastic cord (you can see one on the spool) that has a clip made from SS wire to hold the pulls/ties on the bait. Free lumber from a job site so total cost pretty low.

DSCN1990.jpg

DSCN1991.jpg

Here's my wheel. I started with a rotisserie motor from Menards but it was the so loud you couldn't think. Well it blew up and quit working within a month. I think it was faulty to begin with. I then found a George Foreman rotisserie on Craig's list, brand new, dirt cheap. I took it apart, disabled the timer and wired in a LED on/off switch. This version of my wheel is gear driven. I had some gears from who-knows-what in the my shop and cobbled it together. Works great and is whisper quiet. I can get 6 large baits on the wheel at one time.

Dimensions: from wheel-to-wheel - 24 inches

Wheels - 12 inches in diameter

– bob

The Wheel.jpg

The Wheel.jpg

The Wheel.jpg

The Wheel.jpg

The Wheel.jpg

The Wheel.jpg

The Wheel.jpg

The Wheel.jpg

4262_thumb.attach

Edited by bbduc

Mine doesn't exist yet, but it'll most likely be based on a gas grill rotisserie with two round plywood panels.

I'm going to use eyehooks and rubber bands or elastic cord from each side to hold the lures. The rotisserie hooks will let me adjust the width depending on the lure size.

My local home stores want $40 to $70 for a rotisserie. I'm looking for something cheaper.

Gary

Try ************* They had one for $25.00, I think.

:sauced:

Edited by redg8r
Plz Stop Promoting Your Site.

Here's my portable wheel. Motor from a microwave oven. The centre aluminum rod can be dismantled so I can pack it up for longer fishing trips. I'm always stuck with top-coating my lures the night b4 I fish :teef:

th_15.jpg

(Thumbnail linked to bigger pic so it doesn't break hse rules :wink:)

Keep your hat on Mark or you might catch a cold :lol: It's not teak, I'm not even sure what wood it is. I noticed the wood was a bit spalted in a heap of wood the contractors are using to make concrete moldings so I requisitioned it :teef:

Here's a clearer view of the wood wheel and support which is from the same piece of plank.

th_IMG_9244.jpg