Tman2

Can opener motor for lure dryer?

I'm looking for a cheap motor to make a lure dryer, and I came across a can opener ($5) at Salvation Army while looking for a microwave to cannibalize. I was wondering if that might work? My first thought is that the RPM's might be high, but maybe I could get that down with a rheostat? I know there are cheap motors at Harbor Frieght, but I don't want to pay for shipping. It seems like I should be able to find something that would work. I also have read about the cordless drill versions, but would like something a little more permanent.

I'd check American Science and Surplus, or Ebay for a gear or timing motor in the 4-8 rpm range. Maybe from a microwave turntable. It's not apparent how you would reduce the shaft speed of a can opener motor without a lot of trouble.

I would look at walmart. At my local one in the lawn and garden, they have a rotisserie set for $12 comes with the motor and rods like the one in the tutorials.

My local Walmart didn't have the $12 models, but I did get a nice universal model for $25. It has brackets that will easily bolt to whatever base I dream up. No fancy rigging necessary.

The spit is two part so the section that connects to the motor is a perfect size for a lure turner.

Walmart.com: DELUXE ROTISSERIE: Grills & Outdoor Cooking