MarcDavidBaits

Paint Running

And I bet the bad side was your off hand side?? If right handed, it would be the baits left side if it is facing you OR the bad side was pointed a direction that didn't have good lighting on it.

I don't know if this is your problem, but I have some bad habits when painting. When spraying the back make sure you go the same speed and try to maintain a similar distance over the curve of the back. Start and stop the airbrush only AFTER it has went over the entire length of the bait. If you start, stop, or reverse direction, before clearing the end of the bait the paint will be thicker and that particular spot. If you dont want as much paint say on the top of the head, just paint the back spraying only one direction.

#1 rule: make sure you have good lighting in the paint booth.

The paint leaving the tip of the brush forms a cone. The closer the tip of the airbrush is to the surface, the more paint hits a given spot in a given amount of time. You'll You almost always want the brush to be moving. BW has a good point about starting spray before the brush is pointed at the bait. Most "paint spits" happen when the trigger is first pressed. You'll get the hang of it with a little experience. You can always add more paint with another pass of the brush but you can't take it off once it's been sprayed (unless you wash it all off and start from scratch). So go slow and use light coats.