JimD

Matching colors on Mirrolure plugs

Just got started.

Notice that the Createx colors match some of the baits that I fish on the gulf Coast with.

The Fluorescent Yellow is a close match to the spook jr yellows.

What colors have people mixed to make the Fl chartreuse color you see on the Mirrolure plugs? Fl Yellow and Fl green in what ratio?

How about the orange belly color on the new Mirrolure plugs. New color seems hotter with more red than the older color which seems to be more orange.

Is there a mix that matches the bone color of these baits?

I am trying to redo some old baits and modify the color on some others. All help appreciated. :)

Thanks,

JimD

Edited by JimD

Createx Neon Yellow has no green undertones. Createx also used to make a chartreuse wit some greenish undertones (one of the ugliest colors ever formulated, IMO!). If you want to make "greentreuse" all you need is a couple of drops of green in Neon Yellow. Createx also makes a bright neon/fluorescent red. Add a few drops of orange to get the shade. Bone is a mix of mostly white with some yellow and a touch of brown and gray mixed in. That's as close as I get to "formulas". Hope it helps

Edited by BobP

What is the best way to mix these Createx paints to get an even match. I did a simple dropper set up to try to hand mix these colors much as you would do different cements and it did not work well.

All the combos looked too green but when placed on a white card the yellow came thru way too much.

I am guessing that I needed to shake and mix the bottles better first and then need a better way to get the two colors comingled?

Anyone else use the limetruse or varriations on saltwater baits?

Thanks,

Jim

If it's something I use a lot, like bone, I'll mix up a 2 or 4 oz bottle of it, but I still do it by eye. Createx is pretty consistent in content but I use other brands which aren't. A formula for mixing such paint is a waste of time.