auburn fisheries dude

Can anyone guess what sealer this is?

This video was posted here just a couple weeks ago and a member knew the machine and the clear coat. He didnt want to list it on the public forum for a reason that I cant seam to remember. I have tried to find the thread but for some reason cant locate it. It was only a couple weeks ago. February 19th was when I talked to the member by email. See if you can search and find the thread and contact him. He will probably share the info with you. Or maybe he will see this thread also.

Maybe clear lacquer??????????????????????

I've used this in the past and that is how I did mine. Dip and hang to dry. I applied several coats though to get a thicker finish allowing recommended dry time between dips.

Only problem with lacquer is it will peel some water base paints so a little trial and error will have to take place.

Dave,

Your awesome! I looked and looked. I tried the search and couldnt locate it. I didnt have the patience to search each and every thread. I was going to wait a couple days and PM the info to him myself.:lol: This person will be happy to share it with you. He just didnt want it on the open forum and I figured I should respect that since he shared it with me.

Shane

When the thread that Dave linked was first talked about I contacted him and he was real nice and give me the info about it, the only thing is you have to buy it in 5 gal. amounts and I only need 1 to 2 gal. to try out. If anybody does get the 5 gal. and would like to sell 1 to 2 gal. of it let me know.

Keith Combs

It's true that 5 gallons of the clear coat is better suited for industrial applications as opposed to hobbiest but I've had this bucket for several years now and it's still going strong. (I remember the first time I ordered 25,000 2x split rings and wondered how I'd ever use them all. They were gone in 3 months!)

If it turns out to be the right coat for most of you guys, going halves, thirds or quarters might be the best way to go.

If anyone went the full mile and ordered the 5 gallon bucket, I'd love to hear what you think of the clear coat by adding to this thread or starting a new one. Or if you prefer, PM me directly.