MarcDavidBaits

Paint Ratio Help

8 posts in this topic

I have only used createx paints up to this point and none required mixing. I tried an autoair pearl silver today and on the label it says that it needs to have a 3:1 ratio. I stupidly sprayed it right out of the bottle without mixing and the paint was watery and ran down the sides of the crankbait. It wouldn't stay where I sprayed it like the createx paints. Can anyone help me with what to mix it with and by how much? Thanks!

Check TCP Globals site. Just ordered some last night but thought it was ready to spray. There are a few silvers with differant aplications. Hope this helps They also have also have a tech line.

With the pearl paints, I have found several very light coats works best and make sure it is well mixed. I assume the pearl paints are from a transparent base. The "pearl" flakes will settle to the bottom rather quickly. This is with Createx pearl colors.

Recieved my order yesterday. I guess some of the colors suggest the 3to1 reduction. they have a fast or medium reducer. This will be my first atempt at water based paint.

Snax suggested using the Auto Aire 301 reducer with their silver paint. I do, and spray light coats, and it works fine. Just mix it well.

On my order the reducer is a 4011 for fast dry. Imagine that fast dry water. Will try it tommorrow.