BassNator 1

Lure Holders for Painting?

Cody,

You can take a block of wood say a 2 X 2 or 1 1/2 X 1 1/2. Attach it to a flat board with screws or nails. You can attach the board to your bench with a clamp. Drill you some holes (the same size of your dowl) in it at different angles. One straight down on the top and a couple on the sides at different angles and one straight out. This will give you different positions to spray the lure without holding it and you can move it to the other side of the block to spray the other side of the lure or undo the clamp and move it around. Having holes in both sides is the best so you do not have to move the clamp. I have used the dowls with the screw in the end and they work great. I have used some alligator clamps from radio shack and put a dowl in the end of them. Some times I put the bill or lip in before I paint and I tape off most of the bill. You can then use these same dowls to put on your drying rack or wheel if that is what you use.

Charlie M

AKA boyhowdy

Boys, boys, boys....... Ya just make it too hard. Go to Wal Mart in the hardware section and get a couple of packs of screw hooks. Get the smaller diameter ones. Drill a 1/32 hole in the back of the lure where you will put the hook hanger and just turn one in a few turns. You can paint the lure and hang it to dry all in one shot.

Skeeter

I will try to describe what I use, I have some pictures around here somewhere I will get them up later.

First I took a 2' piece of 1x6. With the board laying flat I drilled to rows of ten holes about an inch from the edge. The holes were just big enough to slip in a 8 inch piece of #12 wire. On the end of each piece of wire I crimped an alligator clip. Now I can clip both ends of the lure by the line tie and rear hook ring. The wire easily bend to accomodate any lure size.