dixiet

wood sealer

I know this topic has had much disscussion:argue: but all I want to know is where I can buy a product that seals the wood so I may tub test may wooden bait, prior to painting and top coating, don't want to know what it's made from, don't care about the techincal properties, just want to apply it and check the action of my lure.

hopefully sold in Canada

Thanks in Advance

Tim

All these are great suggestions. I use a lacquer based sealer, designed to specifically get inside the cellular construction and seal it together. Lacquer wood sealer is hard to find because:

1) Has some pretty extreme fumes

2) Wood Sealers were not careful in their applications on floors

But in small applications it's great! Dries relatively fast and allows you to get on to the next steps in due time.

Yes. Pro Finish, Lacquer Sanding Sealer. It was a Home Creephole product but they have since stop selling it. Any product that requires special care in handling and application (aka common sense) has systematically been removed from their shelves. Just because the blue window cleaner looks like raspberry koolaid doesn't mean you serve it to the kids if you follow my drift. How do you keep a world full of morons and dumbdumbs, moron and dumbdumb proof? But I digress.....

Try a specialty floor finishing supplier in your area, they should have access to a lacquer based wood sealer.