• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#21 Vodkaman

Advanced Member

• TU Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,109 posts
Posted 17 March 2009 - 11:08 PM

Sounds like you are having the same problem as me. I could get the blade centred on one wheel, but not the other. The manual did not cover this, so I had to figure it out for myself.

The tracking adjustment moves the top wheel in and out. The tensioner adjustment, rather than moving the top wheel up and down, actually angles the wheel up and down. So, unless both wheels are parallel, the tracking is near impossible to achieve.

I found by playing with the tensioner, I could improve the tracking. I did not get it perfect, as I did not want to over tighten the blade. It did the trick, as I have had no more problems since.

Mine was a cheapo piece of garbage. I guess you get what you pay for.

#22 mark poulson

mark poulson

Advanced Member

• TU Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,789 posts

Posted 18 March 2009 - 10:34 AM

Try using a straight edge to get the two wheels parallel. That will insure the best tracking. Then tension the blade, and recheck. The wheels need to be parallel for the blade to track correctly.
My blade rides on the outer half of both wheels. The wheels are covered with a rubber "band", a hard rubber wheel covering, that's crowned, so it's higher in the center, and tends to draw the blade inward to the crown.