Airbrush Buying ?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Lurehead03

• TU Member
  • PipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 14 March 2009 - 09:32 AM

I'm looking to buy a new better airbrush than the $15 harbour freight model I've been using. Do any of you guys have a opinion on this one Badger Model 360 1 Universal Air Brush seems to me it might be handy

#2 BobP

Advanced Member

• TU Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,747 posts

Posted 14 March 2009 - 01:05 PM

I had one and it had the same internals as a Crescendo 175 with the exception of the gravity-siphon flip over feed, which I never used. Quite a few TUers got one during the Badger Garage Sale last year. There are cost competitive alternatives in either the Iwata Revolution or the PS-900 sold by NBI Marketing. Based on my experience with airbrushes, I only consider an airbrush if it has a specific tip size in its list of specifications. I like .3mm for color basecoats and .2mm for shading and details. I'd get the .3mm if I were going to use one only. Like I said, this is JMHO. There are lots of guys doing great work with the Badger 360 who like that airbrush. Airbrushes get to be rather user-specific. You get used to how a brush runs and performs and you either like it or not depending on how well you mesh with it to produce a good end product.

Edited by BobP, 14 March 2009 - 01:28 PM.