Mattmaddog

Lure Drying.

You're correct about it not being pretty!!!:eek: In fact it is the ugliest dryer I've seen yet! The crooked 2x4 support feet, the blue clothes pins---Ouch!

Not only that, but it should inspire anyone who thinks that they can't build a lure dryer. It may even prove that anyone can build one!:D...and it should also prove that anyone who thinks they can't build a dryer, is simply not trying!

But...it is a million times prettier than empty space in a lure building area!! And that is the bottom line! :yeah: You deserve several sincere attaboys for getting it done!

I'll suggest your first modification: Make a support for the other end of your threaded rod...it doesn't need bearings or anything, it could simply be a U shaped groove in a thin piece of metal attatched to a piece of wood for the rod to ride in---if you haven't done it already.

And thanks for posting, for all the above reasons!

:yay::yay:

In good fun, and serious lure building,

Dean

Cool ,It doesn't have to be pretty,just work.I fear that once you but a couple lurles one there it might topple over...add a support as suggested and save yourself some swearing .

Or you could just use those boots as counter weight on the:) 2x4s

Edited by seafoam

I was lucky and used my old rod turning set up and put a piece of 10 inch closed cell foam over the rod but holder and cut some holes for the 4 exacto knives that I use to hold baits.

The other thing about the foam is with the under sized holes to snug up on the pvc is the fact the foam make a great holder just sittingon the shop table to stick the holders in while waiting to paint or acting as holders for dryng for small touch up not requiring turning.