Shane8stud

Straw Method --> Airbrushing?

I heard some guys talking about spraying through a straw awhile back, just wondering what this does? does it cut down on overspray and how do you do it? If it's good, im gonna go get a bag of straws lol, Thanks again guys, you guys are always really helpful and it's really appreciated over here !! THANKS:yay::yeah:

The straw method requires that you get your tongue pierced. The tongue stud is rapidly inserted and withdrawn from the straw as the artist forces gusts of air through the straw, thus creating a fine speckling effect with a more predictable pattern than that produced by stippling.

I won't engage in this method of application because my well-chiseled body is a temple, which I refuse to despoil by way of piercing.

Rookie brought up his famous "straw method" with tongue in cheek - or is that straw? Anytime you see him post - take a step back, turn off your bs meter lest the needle get bent as it pegs out, and enjoy the show.

If your airbrush spits at low pressure, you'll need to thin the paint or increase the pressure. Take a look at airbrush.com. It has some good recommendations and tutorials.

Shane8, clean your gun thoroughly with lacquer thinner. Some airbrushes are shipped with slightly greased parts both inside and out. The PS900 I purchased recently was like that. The grease will give you problems till you clean it out.

If its still spitting, try either thinning your paints a bit more or turning up the air pressure, or both.

Also when working close for fine detail remove the nozzle cap from the tip of the brush. That cap tends to collect overspray until the pressure blows it out (onto your work). At low pressures it tends to collect more overspray within that cap than normal because the paint isn't being thrown out as hard since you normally turn the pressure down to work close.

Step one.. By a Big Mac

Step 2. eat the big mac

Step 3. you will feel sick..

Step 4. Drink your Coke and you might feel like painting now..

Step 5. Save your straw

Step 6. Get your tongue WHAT?? VINCE!! ARE FREAKING CRAZY!!

Step 7. Take some paint and skoal.. put it in your mouth.. and spit through the straw.

Step 8. Make sure you blend your paint good in your mouth.. if your really lucky you will have some gaps in your teeth so you can get some extra pressure with your tongue and cheeks.. if you move your mouth just right you can regu ma late it!!! by moving your jaw side to side..

Step 9.. Now the tricky part... THE CLEAR COAT!!! :popcorn:Hmmm should I use epoxy or Dick Nites...

:drool: Some reason I never feel to good after I paint a few baits..I never know if it was the BIG Mac or the Coke!!! But if this keep up Im filing a lawsuit against McDonalds.. Their is no warning saying not to use their products to paint. :nuhuh:

The Rookie 8O

Step one.. By a Big Mac

Step 2. eat the big mac

Step 3. you will feel sick..

Step 4. Drink your Coke and you might feel like painting now..

Step 5. Save your straw

Step 6. Get your tongue WHAT?? VINCE!! ARE FREAKING CRAZY!!

Step 7. Take some paint and skoal.. put it in your mouth.. and spit through the straw.

Step 8. Make sure you blend your paint good in your mouth.. if your really lucky you will have some gaps in your teeth so you can get some extra pressure with your tongue and cheeks.. if you move your mouth just right you can regu ma late it!!! by moving your jaw side to side..

Step 9.. Now the tricky part... THE CLEAR COAT!!! :popcorn:Hmmm should I use epoxy or Dick Nites...

:drool: Some reason I never feel to good after I paint a few baits..I never know if it was the BIG Mac or the Coke!!! But if this keep up Im filing a lawsuit against McDonalds.. Their is no warning saying not to use their products to paint. :nuhuh:

The Rookie 8O

You can't get info like this just anywhere! :lol: