RiverMan

Problems with Dick Nite Coating

You might add some thinner if you are applying the DN over heat-set waterbase paint. I would suspect you will encounter problems adding thinner to the DN, if you're brushing or dipping over solvent base paint that doesn't have a catalyst added. The thinner may eat into the solvent base paint causing it to run, bleed or possibly wrinkle.

Edited by KcDano

I'm using it over the top of heat set water based paints.

So far so good, two coats and all looks perfect. The only thing I changed was I went to a softer brush (stole one of my wife's make-up brushes booo ha ha) and have minimized the brush strokes as much as possible.

The surface doesn't look real even but I am hoping it will smooth out on the next coat.

jed

You might add some thinner if you are applying the DN over heat-set waterbase paint. I would suspect you will encounter problems adding thinner to the DN, if you're brushing or dipping over solvent base paint that doesn't have a catalyst added. The thinner may eat into the solvent base paint causing it to run, bleed or possibly wrinkle.

Dick Nite uses their solevent based paints with their top coats on the different spoon lines that they offer.