Mattmaddog

1st attempt

Here are my first two attempts at painting baits. Thanks everyone for all the great help could not have done it without you guys.

Topwater

Citrus Type Color

ry%3D400

Bandit 200 Type

Craw Color Kind of haha

ry%3D400

They are ok i think. I need lots of work though. But guys guess what? yea thats right im addicted haha :lol: ill be out in the garage all day. I am only 17 by the way so i got plenty of time to practice.

Milia, I remind you of the expression, "Youth is wasted on the young". That's why I've permanently frozen my attitude at 25-only the body is showing some wear. It's okay to become an old fart just as long as I don't look too closely in the mirror because the man in the mirror doesn't look anything like the way I feel.

Mattmaddog, that is one impressive start. If I showed you my first baits, you'd laugh. But like you I was hooked from the get-go. In the beginning, I ordered 40 or 50 unpainted plastic top water bodies from Jann's Netcraft and practiced on those. The first baits were nothing like yours but little by little the skill started to set in. And just when I think I'm getting a handle on this art, someone at this site knocks me back a few rungs with a display of some serious talent!

Trying to duplicate something of nature is one of the highest compliments we can pay to the natural world.