MarcDavidBaits

E-tex vs Flex Coat

Jamie,

If you're talking about the Nu Lustre 55, you do need to rotate it just like Etex.

They are both decoupage, self leveling epoxies, so they will sag and drip if you don't rotate them for at least 12 hours, and let them sit for at least 24 hours before handling.

I recoat my Nu Luster after 12 hours, but I don't handle the final coated lure for 24 hours.

I have had bad experience with Etex coming off some lures in large chips , after the topcoat was pierced by pikes teeth .

Obviously for some reason it did not adhere well to the paint coat underneath , which I now blame on maybe solvent based rattlecan paints , also oil or resin inside of the wood blanks are an possibility , since it only happened to a few lures .

I don't use Etex anymore .

good luck:yay: , diemai

Jamie,

If you're talking about the Nu Lustre 55, you do need to rotate it just like Etex.

They are both decoupage, self leveling epoxies, so they will sag and drip if you don't rotate them for at least 12 hours, and let them sit for at least 24 hours before handling.

I recoat my Nu Luster after 12 hours, but I don't handle the final coated lure for 24 hours.

Thanks mark for the correction. I thought I remebered Snax saying when this stuff was first comming out that the positive to this stuff was no rotation. It goes to show that after awhile all this info blends together to me and I was probably thinking of something else.:sauced:

hey mark went back and researched a few post back in aug,08 and snax was talking about a new non dripping formula that was comming out. Once again sorry, it just too many facts for a poor boy from WV to try to remember. Or maybe it was just too many beers after work.:tipsy: Im leaning torwards the beers.