hadesalmighty

best material for diamond scales? (6thsense)

hey guys I'm looking for a really good diamond scale pattern.

YES I did do a search on here and seen scale ideas but I've tried most and I'm just not happy yet.

I tried louffas but it stretches too much. I tried fiberglass tape and those diamonds are too large. I tried screen and those are a tad small.

The 6thsense guy has the perfect diamond pattern that I'm looking for.

Don't know if he post here but if he does or if you guys know what would make similar scales I would greatly appreciate the tip.

Try at your local 'Archery Store' - look for 'Camo Netting', it's very supple/soft and moulds around most curves, also has a very small scale pattern, not sure weather this is the 'diamond' pattern you are looking for though. This is white pearl over white, on a 80mm (3-1/4" lure). pete

I have just covered a few window frames with mosquito netting. It is a wire material, so not as versatile as soft materials and fabrics, but it is a true square pattern. It does bend to form over compound curvatures.

You can even shear it (hold the bottom and slide the top to the side) and the square pattern becomes an adjustable diamond pattern.

The squares are 0.1".

Dave

I just finished my first crankbait and I used a netting I found at Michaels. Most stores that sell fabric will sell netting. Then, I walked in my bathroom and saw my daughters shower puff thing. It is made of a plastic netting with smaller diamond pattern. I swear, whenever I start a new DIY project things that i see every day become a possible thing to use haha.

I have taken one those shower scrubber puff things apart though. It is just a big wad of plastic netting tied into a ball. Kind of interesting.

I bought cheap swim suits at target. Two different companies both had diamond mesh one fine scale and one large scale. All of the mesh I have that make diamond shape scales usuall make a nicer diamond when streched in one direction. Pull the mesh both ways to pick the pattern you like. triple x large was no more than a medium by the big suit for more mesh.

All of us here can only speculate on what is used to make this specific diamond pattern..... We all use a variety of materials and patterns to get the look we are searching for.

The "6th Sense guy" is Casey Sobczak and yes he does occasionally post here. He might be open to discuss specifics with you..... I don't know. Maybe you have already tried... again, I don't know.... But... he can be reached directly at 281-300-5870 or via email at paintyourbait@yahoo.com.

There have been some good ideas offered here (as is always the case at TU) but since you are specifically asking about Casey's diamond pattern, give him a call.........

Good luck,

BJ