Guest Anonymous

Lure Making Tips

Guest Anonymous

Tally:

you are right... If you are looking for more accuracy... you will need to spend more. My scale measure 4 places to the right of the decimal. These are small baits, and small weight increments can make a difference.

Just my opinion.... I am not indicating that everyone should spend a ton on a scale.

Chip :D

Guest Anonymous

8O WHAT!!!!! Something else I can hook to my computer!!!!! OH BOY!!!

Naw friend! In a laboratory setting, that could be used for generating reports and such. Dont think its much useful for lure makin. I dont use that feature.

I tell yah! A accurate scale is GREAT for weighing equal parts of epoxy. I never have mishaps due to improper amount mixing.

Regards

Chip

Ken-

I found this scale at http://balance.balances.com/scales/844

$120.00 if you take only the scale. I went ahead and got the ac adapter and the cal weight also. i2600 with AC & Cal Weights $165.95 + $14.95 for shipping. Life time warranty. :?:

I tried to find one for under a $100.00, but after looking at them I thought I was just waisting my money.

Tally-

i2600.jpg

i2600.jpg

i2600.jpg

i2600.jpg

i2600.jpg

i2600.jpg

i2600.jpg

i2600.jpg

360_thumb.attach

So Chip, I have found the center of gravity before on my lures by spinning them on a table. Once you have this, I don't follow you on your idea for weighting. Are you then trying to keep an equal amount of weight on either side of the the fulcrom? And if so, how does this effect the idea of trying to keep a somewhat "nosedown" disposition on the lure? Thank you again.

Jed

Guest Anonymous

You are thinking correct. I find the center point by balancing the lure. I then shift the weights stlightly forward of center so the bait is only slightly forward to get the action and dive going on first crank. Getting the balance point helps to position the weight just forward of center.

Take Care!

Chip :D