atrophius

Removing coated baits

What do you guys do when the epoxy drips on to your lure holder. I just top coated my first crank, and the epoxy ran over the top of the xacto knife tip. I can only imagine how this thing might come off once the epoxy cures. i dont dare take it of the handle before it cures.

PS- Japanese pull saws really cut good. So good that I removed a strip of skin from the thumb side of my index finger. Good thing I don't have big power tools! =p

Edited by atrophius

This is just me, but when i get epoxy on my lure holder ,(wich so happens to be and exacto knife handle also) i just wait for the epoxy to dry and i bust off the epoxy. If that doesnt work i just whip out the ole dremel and grind away:lol:. Theres prolly better ways to get the expoxy off but i havent had a problem yet:roll:.

Thanks, jacob

With the screw portion of the exacto knife you should be fine. i have done quite a few baits and absolutely drenched the holder with epoxy. Havent had the epoxy go into the threads, but the epoxy will get between where the clamps are (the part that holds the blade, lol i dont know what to call it:huh::lol:). To get this out i just get and old knife and just go at, just be careful to try not to get yourself. Ive had a few close calls lol. Good luck!

Thanks, jacob

I paint and repaint hundreds of baits and I also use the exacto knifes to hold my lures. But if I can I use the small electrical clips on a piece of 3/16" dowel rod instead. But if you use the exacto knifes and the epoxy runs into the groves. Take them and turn them upside down and place them in a small jar of acetone for an hour or so. Then take a small brass brush and clean them off. They will look almost as good as new afterwards. I also use them to spray on my primer so this will clean the primer off as well.

If you have a Hobby Town in your area their brand of exacto kines are much better that the E-xacto brand knifes. You can catch them on sell and get them for about $1.50 each at times. I have about 50 or so that i use and most of the time that is not enought on hand.

BassinBob....

I apologize if I get in the wrong topic, but I really wonder what is envirotex? This varnish or something else? Just I'm not very good at English slang and I hard to translate into Russian the word ... For example in the video about the production of wobblers mangeboy Give it uses .. please if not difficult to ...