Nathan

Missouri Head count/agenda

Hey guys,

Just a few more weeks,and we will be meeting up again!!..I think we are going too have some new faces in attendence this year..I'd like too get one final head count if possible....also here is a really loose agenda for the event...

Thurs.... Meet around 7:00 pm at my house..just a meet and greet time

Friday...Meet at my house around 10:00 am

at around 11:00 am we will head over too Shorty's hooks for a couple hours.

When we get back we will have lunch,and either work on some lures or go fishing..(we will see what the weather is doing..)

Friday evening,I'll BBQ for everyone!!

Saturday morning meet at my house at 10:00 am and go fishing..

Back in the afternoon for lunch and some lure building..

Dinner we be a Hobo Cookout provided by Coley...(Is that right Coley?)

Sunday morning we meet at 10:00..Not sure what we will be doing just yet..we will wrap it all up around 1:00..

Deb. and I are really looking forward too seeing all our old friends and meeting the new ones!!!..Nathan

Coley, I suddenly had a thought reading this, where did you get all those fish last year??, I only caught 24, so were the rest in your pockets after Dan pushed you in (I pleaded with him not to).

I started on those lures today, not happy, my air brush has blown a seal- polka dots everywhere. Compared to the foam I am using, your stuff 'works' beautifully, probably 10% more dense, but I think I am on the trail of some better stuff.pete

Edited by hazmail

On the agenda, is there any interest in seeing an RTV crankbait mold

built from scratch. I can make 2 molds in 3 pours, normally

it takes 4. I have no material on hand, will have to order,

so let me know. Also, I think I can make one or both of these molds

a mold inside a mold, sounds crazy, but it eliminates one serious

casting problem, pressure.

Edited by Coley
correct spelling

Sorry to say that I too have to pass this year. Turns out that my in-laws are going to be celebrating their 50th that weekend. So it appears a huge family gathering is in order in Michigan. For a while it was on, then off, then on again and now everyone has plans to all be there.

I'm bummed. Was really looking forward to this years gathering. So to all the great friends I met last year, I will see you all next year.

George

Hi Fellas

I remember last year with great pleasure and I am really sad I cannot make it over to see everyone again but I thought I would just post for the guys who will be attending this years get together and especially the fellas who have not attended before.

You are in for a real treat, I can assure you will spend your time in the company of wonderful lure makers, will learn more in a weekend than you could in years elsewhere, will enjoy excellent hospitality from your hosts Nathan and Debs. Then of course you will have the opportunity to demonstrate your fishing skills and have a damn good laugh at the same time. I had never ever seen a Bass in real life (we don't have them over here) but the guys soon put that to rights and I actually caught several which was great fun.

Now here is a confession :eek: . Bluegill were the ones that eluded on the fishing trip so me and Pete (Hazmail) slipped off a couple of days later down to Springfield where I caught a world record Bluegill !!!!!!!! Yes I did !!!!! Here is the picture that proves it for all you doubters out there.

P1010010.jpg

Erm I think it's a bluegill :lol:

I hope you all have a great time and I am confident I will see you all again in 2010.

philB

As usual I'm running behind again. I need t-shirt sizes for everyone attending the TU meet. send me a PM with the sizes you need. I hate to rush everyone but I need them in soon. I'm sorry again I can't be there. My lure making skills are about as good as my cooking skills. I have none :lol: I will be there someday just for the fishing. I do that just as good as....well... you know:eek:....:lol:

Everyone have a good time and drink a cold one for me.:tipsy:

Thanks for everyone's support,

Mrs.Redg8r

Would anyone be interested in seeing a small presentation on multi-color powder painting? I would be more than willing to bring some jigs and powder paint.

Hey Ted, do you know what day you will do this? I would like to see this and have a friend (tacklemaker) who would like to see also.

Thanks,

Yes, I would.

I am not going to build a mold. only one response and

I didn't order any material. Too late to do so now.

I'll bring my stuff and do a small demo of how I do multi-color powder painting. Check out my thread in "The Docks Forum" Under TU 2009 Clinton meet...........See you in several days.........Ted

Hey Ted, do you know what day you will do this? I would like to see this and have a friend (tacklemaker) who would like to see also.

Thanks,

I could either do it Friday or Saturday. It doesn't matter to me, or I can do it both days, if someone missed it. It is not problem. I will answer any and all questions and help all who ask. I will be there about 2:00 pm on Friday. It is a 9 hour ride for me. Whatever you guys want. I will also have the free powder paint for all who want. So bring your containers and take as much as you want...........