Jeep

Some underwater Dragon footage

Looks like an injured 'Tarpon' to me, and if I was a fish I would gobble it up. Very nice lure, and small for a change.

I am going to Queensland fishing in about 2 weeks, if I'm very lucky I might catch a real one, incredibly beautiful colours when first lifted from the water.pete

Really a smooth and subtle swimming action somehow , also on a slow pace :yes:!

You were right with your statement when posting that lure for the first time , great action ,.... both on steady retrieve and twitch-and-pause:yes::yes: !

So you really blame that improved action on the different topcoat ?

If so , I do wonder , in which way it is taking influence ?

Did you introduce your lures at that angling exhibition there ?

greetz , Dieter:yay:

Thnx guys! :)

@Dieter: Yes, i think it is the topcoat that improves the action.

As you know, before I always foiled these lures wich means aprox. 4-5 layers of etex are added to the lure. It looks very good..foiling ..and the action is perfect for trolling, but the added weight and thickness of the etex does make the lure less 'sensitive' .. I always wanted to get the action as it was when i test the lures before i finish them. This is just that, so it is also a very fun lure to throw around.

The show was fun, but more of an expo with some fellow dutch builders. I gladly took the oppurtunity to throw my lures in the illex testtank.

;)

Grtz

Jeep

Edited by Jeep

Jeep,

If you're putting 5 coats of Etex in the joints, too, I think that may be your problem. That would restrict the movement of the joints.

You might try coating the insides of the joints first, with D2T, and then topcoat with Etex once the lure is assembled. Lap the D2T onto the face a little, for a good bond, and lap the Etex down onto the joint faces a little when you topcoat.

It works for me, and that way I am sure the joints are both well coated, and free swinging before I topcoat.

Hi Mark,

Thnx, but that is not the 'problem'. It isn't really a problem anyway...:)

I coat all sections seperately, two times with etex, then I redrill all holes etc and put it together, coating two/three more times just on the faces.. so the joints are really freely moving. I think that for this bait it simply is due to the design that too much etex will 'slowdown' movement.

Grtz and thnx again

Jeep

Jeep,

If you're putting 5 coats of Etex in the joints, too, I think that may be your problem. That would restrict the movement of the joints.

You might try coating the insides of the joints first, with D2T, and then topcoat with Etex once the lure is assembled. Lap the D2T onto the face a little, for a good bond, and lap the Etex down onto the joint faces a little when you topcoat.

It works for me, and that way I am sure the joints are both well coated, and free swinging before I topcoat.