Dazedrodeo

Super glue

I was looking at a lot of posts regarding sealers and they all say use this use that. I guess you use what ever you can get your hands and what evers on sale. Now for my question I have a lot of super glue laying around, can I use it to seal the wood then paint or is it just used to test the bait then reseal with some other sealer:huh:

I've used the runny crazy glue by Zap to seal some balsa baits I'd stripped before I repainted them. After I applied the crazy glue (I may have done 2 coats of crazy glue, but I don't remember) and it dried (very quickly, which is why I used it), I sanded it with 400 grit, then primed with Krylon white primer, and painted with my waterbased airbrush colors. I don't know if I could have just used a white base without the primer. I'm used to using the Krylon primer, so I just did it the same way I'd done other lures that I'd sealed with something else, and it worked fine.

I have had no problems with the lures, and I did them last summer.

Super glue (cyanoacrylate) sp? is a great sealer IMO if you can get it affordably.

The thinnest viscosities will penetrate the wood and form a plastic like seal.

I have used a polyethylene grocery bag to quickly work it into the grain & sand it with high grit like you suggested. Dries quick.