skeeter334

My first post

hi,

Ive been reading these forums for several months now. You guys and gals are a wealth of information for someone like myself and all the advice and tips are greatly appreciated.

ive contemplated painting lures for several years now and after reading these forums i finally took the plunge. Took the advice of many on here and bought a mid line airbrush instead of a cheepy. im having alot of fun with this and painted 10 lures or so. its very addictive as many of you know.

anyway thought i would share a few pictures with you, couldnt get them to up;oiad in the gallery so i used photobucket which i'll link below, hope that is alright.

The 3 lure i painted are dt-6, rebel mid wee r and shad rap ssr5. all a bluegill sort of.

thx for all the tips and advice, its greatly appreciated. i love looking at the pictures on this sight, alot of you are true artist and i hope one day people will enjoy my painting as well.

Thank you

Pictures by skeeter335_2009 - Photobucket

Geez,

I just checked out your stuff, and you're already there! :worship:

It took me a couple of years to get a decent paint job, and yours shine right out of the blocks.

Man, am I feeling inadequate! :lol:

thx for the kind words. without this site they would not look like they do this quickly. i still have a long ways to go. working on a carwdad pattern now. i cut my own stencils and have not made one that im satisfied with as of yet. its alot of fun though.

those bluegill pattern baits i just started throwing colors together i thought would catch fish here in southern ohio. fished in the first bass tournament of the year this last saturday. my partner caught a 3lb bass on a bg husky jerk i painted and we both caught alot of smaller fish on the crankbaits. its rewarding to see a bait you actually painted catch fish.

skeeter334, Welcome to TU. You might be just a beginner but those are excellent paint jobs. You're painting like a pro. Hope to see a lot more of your work on here as you progress.

John

thank you for the compliment sir. i noticed you're from east Tennessee, im from chattanooga but currently reside in southern ohio.

George

I must say that I am very intrigued as to your process, as a beginner to create such an amazing result. I know that there are a lot of different ideas out there and the trick is to wade through them and to let the cream rise to the top... what was the cream that you found?

Thank you for sharing.

I must say that I am very intrigued as to your process, as a beginner to create such an amazing result. I know that there are a lot of different ideas out there and the trick is to wade through them and to let the cream rise to the top... what was the cream that you found?

Thank you for sharing.

the rebel mid wee r i started out with a white basecoat. i sprayed the sides with yellow and gold for the under scale color. i used a minnow net for the scales. once i wrapped the lure in the netting i mixed green and brown til i came up with the green pumpkin color i was after for the top. shot the top and sides with the green pumpkin(lightly on the sides), then misted orange over the sides and shot a lil teal arcross the top. for the lines down the sides i cut my own stencils, the gill ear was a stencil as well. for the eyes i used a qtip for the gold eye then cut the q tip in half and used the small plastic end for the pupil.

im currently working on a craw pattern and crappie pattern stencil and hopefully ill have a few more pics later. this is very addictive and alot of fun as well.

i appreciate the compliment and will help out anyway i can. i read these forums for months just gathering ideas and tips from alot of these posters. alot of great artist/painters in here.

hope this helped some.

oh yeah.i use dick nites clearcoat, all my lures to date have been dipped and hung. as soon as i get my wheel together im gonna brush and few and see how they turn out. im hoping the brushing works out to save on the clearcoat, that stuff is expensive but worth it.

Edited by skeeter334

Your work is most impressive and your color patterns are also excellant choices. Now obviously you have an abundance of talent but I think it is a testament to the effectiveness of this forum that someone as yourself can get up to speed so quickly. Whatever I learned out there prior to coming to TU came at a premium but this forum levels the field by making so much information available to those willing to do a bit of digging.

I look forward to seeing more of your work in the future.

Your work is most impressive and your color patterns are also excellant choices. Now obviously you have an abundance of talent but I think it is a testament to the effectiveness of this forum that someone as yourself can get up to speed so quickly. Whatever I learned out there prior to coming to TU came at a premium but this forum levels the field by making so much information available to those willing to do a bit of digging.

I look forward to seeing more of your work in the future.

thank you. you're correct about these forums, i spent a few months reading before i purchased an airbrush. wasnt sure what i was getting myself into. so far ive just started tossing colors together that i think will catch fish here in southern ohio. my goal is to make my baits look as natural as possible, i have been paying special attention to the colors in the smaller fish around here as of late, like the blue gill and crappie. never knew the crappie had alot of teal along the top til i caught one and turned it in the sunlight.

Hopefully one day i can spread a lil knowledge back to these forums and maybe help someone out like many of you have helped me.