sinyo

always failed in sinking crank,help!!!

... because I want my lure to dive to the bottom of pool
Sinyo are your still trying to make a sinking lure?

Usually to make a sinking lure you want to start with a floating type but have the lure either floating horizontal or slightly nose down. Then gradually add weight to the balancing point until it sinks at the rate you want. Next step mod the lip size or add a slight cup to compensate for the lost in action if needed. You do not need a lip to make a sinking lure dive. The lip in this case is just needed to make the lure dig in and provide the wiggle. You "sink" the lure to it's working depth.

I think I make little mistake here...the photo on post#48 is not my failed sinking lure..it's work good but float

it's related to my question to Diemai in post#43 and in post#46 he request this photo to look the possibility If I move the 2nd lead to the tail

sorry if I'm causing confusion to all of you

@LaPala:yes sir but that's not my 1st priority...right now I just want to make lure with best action whatever the type...I'm still collecting tips n trick from all of you before I try to make sinking lure again

warm regards, Sinyo

@ sinyo

You wrote somewhere before , that you want your lure to go down to the bottom , so check this out(If you haven't done it before ?) :

http://www.tackleunderground.com/forum/hard-baits/15318-about-balsa.html

Look for post #5 .

This is the lip/line tie configuration to achieve deeper diving lures , but you need to put more weight as I did there(that one turned out very buoyant , thus doesn't run too deep) , also you could make the lip longer an/or pointing more forward .

Just mean to show the general construction , you still need to tinker about your own designs:yes: !

good luck , diemai:yay:

finally I got it work......:yay:

wow it's so amazing...all my problem happen just because I didn't notice old advice from Vman in my first thread(Diemai post n picture remind me about that)...it's all about line tie

when I pull the wire until touching lip surface all my lure work great

even for the sinking one....(sink accidentally by base coat)

@LP: I just try it in the bath tub using slightly cup lip...the action is amazing it's so wild...now I'm afraid the fish will run away because the action is very aggressive:lol:

thanks for all of you who help me solving this problem,

specially for Vman,Diemai,LaPala,Jamie,Swede and the other member which I can't mention it one by one.

Rgrds

Sinyo

Sinyo Its amazing there is a fine line of weight that makes a bait sink(your clear coat) and one that will slowly float to the surface. I thought your line tie was a little high also. The biggest problem when you build smaller baits is the little mistakes that you make are magnified and cause bigger problems.Smaller baits are harder to tune and im glad I musky fish :lol:, because the baits are 6 inches or better and I can get away with alot more imperfections than you can. Anyway im glad you finally got your bait running.:yay: