gunnie3035

Iwata HP-BC Hi-Line

A replacement needle for an Iwata won't work like "factory new" either, because they're hand tuned at the factory when the airbrush is built. I use an Iwata HP-B+ with .2mm tip and like it very much. However, you can get a whole new PS900 for the cost of a replacement nozzle for my Iwata. Just something to consider. Bending a needle is usually the first bad thing that happens to most airbrushes. I's almost inevitable and your new expensive Iwata won't be exempt.

I have an Iwata HP-B based on recommendations in this forum. Love it! I had to replace the needle and it seems to be fine (at least I can't tell the difference). I got the replacement needle from Dixie and they talked me into the needle for the HP-A since the B needle was not available; they said it would work fine and it did. Just in case you bend your needle.

Regarding the far east knock-off; it seems to clog easily despite thinning paint etc. The larger tip and needle supplied as an extra, has the same problem. Overall it works ok, now I wished I had an Iwata BCS or gravity feed like the HP-C. I guess you kinda get what you pay for.

ken

I have the hp-ch high line and love it. Cant say any thing about about the one you have ps900. Do not have that one. To compare the two I cant help. But the Iwata hp-ch it a work of art the control it incredible. Wish you luck on your choice but well worth it to me.

I just bought an Iwata Eclipse HP-CS at Hobby Lobby. They sell the airbrush kit which includes the air hose and a selection of paint. Three weeks ago they had a 30 percent off sale on all airbrush equiptment.

So I asked the clerk if she could open the cabinet and let me examine the airbrush. She showed me this airbrush but without the kit and told me they were going to discontinue the brush and only sell the kits. I was able to buy this discontinued air brush for $39.99. Can you believe that. So I bought 2 of them an air hose with tax for less than $95.00 This airbrush improved my painting tremendously. Maybe you should check your Hobby Lobby and ask if they are going to discontinue theirs.